Sunday 28 October 2012

NAYBI.

Maitim. Matanda. Kuba. Makupad. 
Kung ‘di mo pa naaabot ang ganitong estado o itsura ikaw ay mapalad.

Maganda. Maaruga. Mabuti at bukas palad.
Kung ikaw ay tumanda at dala-dala ang ganitong katangian ikaw ay mapalad.
I remember my childhood getting especial treatment, getting a much bigger slice of the pie come christmas time or just an ordinary day to them having an extra money to give, extra money to share. I missed those days that I am very special to my favorite husband and wife. At some point in time sa buhay ko while growing up sa riles thinks how much love they gave and shared to my family is priceless and they never thought of getting anything in return. Natural lang sa kanila ang tumulong. 
Now that she is old and very weak, ‘di ko maisip kung saan sya kumukuha ng lakas. I know she is not perfect, she flawed. While some are frustrated with their flaws, she concentrates on giving unconditional love to her children no matter what. A woman with full of grace in her heart that will always think ways to survive their daily living. 

The last conversation I had with her before going back here in Singapore was to get her a “pansit bihon” and a mefenamic acid for her aching body. Pero diko nabili, instead I bought her some grocery items and delivered to their shanty under the P. Zamora link bridge. The day of my flight I went to her and had a little talk and she said to me “Aalis ka na ulit?, Basta wag mo ako kalilimutan ha. Hindi ko na kaya e”. My heart melts and I said to myself, ofcourse di kita makakalimutan kase ikaw ang paborito kong tita, paborito kong ninang at ang paborito kong ka-birthday, Nay Bireng.
Nb2
Nb3

Salamat Nay Bireng at Tay Sulib sa tulong n’yo sa amin nung panahon na nag-aaral pa kaming lahat.

Nb4

We will be having our "pancit bihon" party pag-uwi ko, Nay Bireng. Promise. 

___
Thank you for reading my story. Click here to know more about me and if not asking too much please share my blog to your friends and family. Salamuch.
You can also email me at jocapsmc@gmail.com or click the "responses" button below to leave a message.



4 comments:

  1. I no longer have lola or lolo on both sides. I miss them so much. It just so happened that they passed away early before I can truly help and take care of them while in their aging process.Nice read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Yvonne ang Angene. No one has ever become poor by giving, just don't concern yourself with how much you get in return then yayaman ka na hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. jacquelyn-merilo7 November 2012 at 22:29

    Nagulat ako nung nabasa ko to. Sabi ko na familiar yung nasa picture. Si nanay Bireng pala. Na-miss ko tuloy bigla si nanay.

    ReplyDelete